Monday, January 19, 2009

Game Night....


Well..., it has officially been...
over a week now since I have landed in Seattle. Things are going great. The first 5 days were nothing but fog. Now, I am not talking about the semi-dense fog that is in the south. I am talking about fog that you can use at a concert or to hide an elephant in a magic show. This stuff is thick. I told a friend on the phone the other day to go in to there bedroom and take 5 sets of white sheets, 3 white towels, and a white pillow, and cover there face with it. That would be about as comparable. Ok..little exaggeration, but believe me..this stuff is thick.
     Besides the crazy weather, the Commons is still rocking a long. I have two Sunday services under my belt. They have been great. When it comes to seeing lives changed, the setting up every week in the cold is far worth it.  We keep getting more and more new people checking out what is going down at Post-Middle (Current home of the Commons). We all as feel that God has some big plans in the near future. 
     As far as student ministry, we had our first Wednesday night last week. It was cool. I didn't know what to expect and I did not ask any questions ahead of time for the sake of my first experience to be raw and genuine. The students that God has entrusted me with are great. I see a lot of potential. Most are unchurched, which adds flavor to the group. The age range is 6th - 12th grade, but I mostly have 8th - 10th graders. They range from all walks of life. I have skaters, athletes, Naval kids (there is a base near Arlington), and even students with families that moved from Russia. So I definitely have a wide range of styles, but that just makes it more the interesting. 
     Last night (Sunday), we had a game night. I really didn't know what to expect. It was great. At first, it was the typical student response-"not sure who this guy is" scenario, but that seem to quickly change. It turned out to be a great night of hanging out and getting to know the students. More important, I felt that I made headway with a bunch of them. I think they saw that I am a "what you see, what you get" type person. So I am continuing with the relationship building full force. 
     All in all, the game night was incredible. I do want to mention that it wouldn't have been as great if Kathy & Becky hadn't of helped with the food and everything else. Thanks ladies! or "You guys!" as the NW's say. Below are a few pics of the game night:














I have some incredible students and all of them have incredible potential in there journey with Jesus. 
      To close this post out, I am excited about this week. I feel that God has a ton in store. I believe that God is wanting me to walk through the book of Philippians on Wednesday nights with the students. So I am pumped about it. I think God is also going to connect me with some more people (not really sure about the details). So, I am definitely psyched! I am still looking for an apartment or a house to rent. I really believe that I will find a house to rent eventually (if not now), so I can accomplish the dreams and visions that God has placed before me. It would be used 110% for ministry. Please keep me in prayer on the living situation and also finding a part-time job. I love you all and I am so thankful for your prayers, e-mails, support, financial support, laughs, encouragement, and friendship. 
                Much Love,
Cham


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so good to see things are going so well! just don't teach the kids grammar, k? ;-) 1 thess. 5:17

Brittany said...

Very cool and exciting!!!

Keep the updates coming!