Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rain or Shine or Snow...I stay busy.


As you can see....
in the picture to the left, we had a little snow. Now most people get happy about snow including me, but try moving equipment through it over 200ft while it is below freezing so that you can have a Sunday Morning Service. This will give you a new appreciation for heaters. On a side note, I do still wear flip-flops during this and yes people look at me weird..am I?
     Things are going great. I am still transitioning in to becoming a full fledge Washingtonian. Wednesday nights are going well. The average has been around 15-20 students which is an incredible base number for this area. The cool thing is all of the questions that were asked last week. We are beginning to walk through Philippians and looking at what Christ accomplish here on earth and on the cross. I love the students that God has placed around me. As mentioned before, they are a mix of different styles and personalities. Everyone of them have so much potential. 
     I am gearing up in planning for the spring and summer months for the student ministry. This new chapter in student ministry is challenging and great. Some of the vision that God has given excites me. I may or may have not shared this, but Arlington (the area that I am in) really has nothing for students to do. Uh...HELLO!?! Prime situation for the church and God to show up and meet the need and reach out. I am the impatient one, and so I am realizing that snapping my fingers and it appearing doesn't work. So it will be a journey, and a cool one at that.
     I went to my first Submission Match at AHS (Arlington High School). It is kind of like UFC but with out the punches and blood. It is like extreme wrestling where the fighters make their opponent lose by submitting out of the match. It was cool. The cool thing is all of the connections we made with different people there. My new friend Jason (local & commons attender) knew the guy who was over the Submission Tournament and mentioned to him that I did graphics...he was interested in some future work. This could really be a cool opportunity to build relationships and carry ministry into that arena. Im stoked about it.

     Last night, we had an incredible leadership meeting. We looked back on 2008 and what God did at and through The Commons and now are looking at the next step for 2009. The brainstorming session was incredible. I am pumped about what was mentioned and what is going to take place. 
     So all in all, this past week has been great! Please be keeping me in prayer. I am narrowing down a few places to rent. I have found one house that would be incredibly perfect! It is 3-4 bedrooms, big living room, a yard, & the community basketball court is right beside it..YAHTZEE!!!! I am checking in on it today, it would be ideal. I want to definitely make sure this is God's place for student ministry and for connecting the South by providing a place for mission groups and family groups to stay and serve. Also, I am in search for a part-time job as of right now. My plan is to do graphic design for churches part-time. I still have a long way to go as far as financial support and being able to live out here in Seattle. I have not reach my financial goal yet for this year, but I know God will provide. Right now I am staying with the Corbins until I find a place.
     Again, I want to thank you all for your encouragement, prayers, financial support, and laughter. I am playing catch up on text, phone calls, e-mails, and wall post...so please be patient. At the beginning of February, I will be sending out the first E-newsletter via E-mail with more info. Once I get situated, YOU need to come out and serve for a week. We (the Commons) will have a place for you. I leave you with this quote:

"Make all you can. Save all you can. Give all you can." John Wesley

I love you all!
Cham

If you would like to get involved or serve through financial support, please e-mail @ cham.i.am@gmail.com or check out the right column. 

No comments: