Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Light in dark world....


Light in a dark area....

Let me suggest that you need to come and visit Seattle. The people are incredible! The view is awesome! The weather is not always 200% chance of rain. The heartbreaking and awakening fact is that it is spiritually dark. I am not suggesting it is a bad place, but I am pointing out the fact that is is dark...there is an absence of God's light.
The interesting and scary thing is that our Enemy has his on messengers, resources, and false light of hope. I have observed him at work in many interesting ways. John 10:10 speaks of him trying to kill, steal, and destroy, but I am reminded in Romans 16:20 that the "Peace of God will CRUSH satan. " He is definitely at work to distract many from the Love of Christ and knowing and experience the life He gives. I think the awesome thing is seeing how God's light shines more and more through The Commons and through the people of the Commons in the community. More and more lives are being changed through the power of Jesus and His Love that is pouring out through us.
I am in the midst of finishing out the full transition of becoming a Washingtonian. I am praying that God will guide me to the right home/apartment to rent. My prayer that it will be used in a multi-purpose way for ministry and connecting people to this area. The housing market is a little crazy, but I really feel that God has the right house to rent for a few years.
I am in the works for planning the foundations of the student ministry. God spoke to me a lot this morning as I went for a jog. It was a much needed spark. I hate jogging, but if God is willing to run with me then I will do it daily.
A cool thought that came to me the other day. I realized that for some of my students here, I was the first person to every share the gospel with them. I'm not sure if that is an eye-opener for you, but it was to me. I know being a "southern" in the bible belt that was kind of a weird thought because most people in the South have stepped foot in a church and has heard the Message of Jesus at least once or twice. In the Northwest, there are a lot of "first times" when it comes to sharing the Love of Christ and His message.
All in all, things are going well. I am still trying to catch up with everybody who has called, e-mailed, and such. I am about to send out the first Newsletter to all. It will be more detailed than this blog. My plan for the blog is to move to more of a "2-3 time a week" update. I want all of you to be in the midst of a church plant here in the Northwest.
Also, please keep me in your prayers as far as provision. My goal for financial support for this year is $50,000. This covers salary, insurance, car, & living. The cost of living is high here, but God is good and has provided so far. If you would like to help support, check out the right column for more details.
I love and miss you all. Thank you so much for supporting me, but even more important being a part of God's big plan here in the Northwest.

Much Love!
Cham

1 comment:

Lil'Christ said...

Praying for you and your church! Love you, man!