Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday


Easter:
We had an incredible day yesterday at The Commons. We had over 141 people at our Sunday Morning Worship service. It was a cool time just seeing new faces, excited kids, and people looking to connect with others and with Christ. We decided to keep it simple yesterday in the service and it worked out well. Tim, our pastor, brought a passionate message on the love of Christ and the Gospel. We had a ton of people give up their place in the service to meet the needs of childcare in the other rooms. It was an incredible time. I am excited to here some God-stories to come out of yesterday.


My PNW Family:
One of the biggest loves I have for The Commons is the real authentic community and family vibe that we have going on. Over the past few days, I received multiple calls from different families inviting me to eat with them for Easter. They wanted to make sure that I as well as other team members had a place for Easter since we live way far from our families. It was such an overwhelming sense of love that I felt from each phone call, text, and face to face invite. So...I spent yesterday hanging out with multiple families and enjoying some incredible community. It's just a beautiful thing. I even ended up learning how to weave a basket when I hung out with my friends from the Tulalip Tribe (check it out pics on my facebook fan page). I had such a great time yesterday. Days like yesterday just confirm that I am where I need to be. I am so blessed

Big Week:
This week has a lot going on:

Men's Group Tonight:
I am always excited about this. The guys in The Commons have really stepped it up and I am so privileged to be among such an awesome group of men. I am expect some more new faces tonight. Plan to watch a little NCAA action with them afterwards.

Community Groups Kick-off:
This is the week where the Commons kicks-off new community groups. The awesome thing is that they will be lead by other Commons family members and not the leadership. This is such an exciting time. I can't wait to see such incredible things come out of these groups.

Students:
We are watching the Passion of the Christ this week in the Student Ministry. It has become a tradition for us. It puts things in a visual perspective for my kids. I am praying that questions and life changes will arise after this Wednesday.

Also, I am preparing for the big split. Next week, I will begin splitting Middle School and High School up. The reason is that I am loosing a lot of High School students b/c they want to tackle some deeper things that we could not necessarily go into with Middle School. I am really praying and expecting some great things to come out of this split. Change for some is never received well at the beginning, but over time I think this will extremely be beneficial to all.


I hope everyone had an incredible Easter Weekend. I encourage you to impact those around you and support those who need help in and out of the Body of Christ. Please keep me in your prayers as I walk through some potential job situations. My prayer is that it helps and not hinders what I do here at The Commons.
-cham

No comments: