Friday, April 9, 2010

Prom...would you go back?


Prom::.
Prom is one of those special moments in a student's life. The dresses, the tuxes, flowers, food, and fun. If you had a chance to go back to prom (no matter your age), would you? Well, in my case, YES! Tomorrow I grab the church van, 10 high school students, my photography camera, and we head off to prom. Are you going to be at the prom? Technically no, but I am driving some of my students and their friends to Seattle for their prom. One of my students came to me weeks ago and asked me if I would be interested. I was totally cool with it. So I will be the "limo driver" for the group. I thought to myself, "Why not give them some free professional photos as well?" You would have thought I hung the moon. All of a sudden, I had other students contacting the one who asked me trying to get on board. The chaos i create.

I share this with you to encourage you to take those extra steps to impact others. I get a chance to hang with some students that do not attend the student ministry and probably has never been to church too. What a great opportunity to interact with those students and provided them with great memories through photos and to show them the Love of Christ. God has called me to a cool ministry and I love every minute of it.

-cham

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Definitely! So fun... have a great time! did you find a spot to shoot yet? I haven't heard back from my friend

Cham McCutchen said...

I had a few places mentioned...i will just check them out as we drive there. You know how it is with photography...you just have to improve 60+% of the time.