Tuesday, April 20, 2010

When going to prom pays off...


Why I go out of my way to do things...

As you may or may not know, I had the privilege of taking about ten students to the prom a couple of weeks ago. It started off with just a van ride down, but I couldn't leave it at that. I decided, "why not provide free pictures for them instead of them paying for one at the school?" So I did.., and it paid off. Just getting the chance to serve, hanging out with students, and going the extra mile was worth it. Last week was when I separated the Middle School and High School on two different nights. To my surprise, a few of those students from the prom outing showed up and loved it. It was totally worth my time, effort, and talents. I am always reminded about how Jesus tells us to go the extra mile for others, so we can impact them. Well, here is the proof. I have students who before prom, may would have never considered or connected with The Commons Student ministry.

So when are you going to prom?

-cham

No comments: