Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Excited...

Past Sunday...
This past Sunday went great. To catch you up to what I am talking about, we had over 50% of the leadership team out for Spring Break. This left us we a few "stay-behinds" and a lot of volunteers to make Sunday happen. I just want to brag on everybody and say it was a "HOME RUN!" Volunteers brought their A-game and helped us get things set up, tore down, AND helped in ministry related areas such as preschool, children's min, and greeting. I can't express how awesome it is to see some many people connect just through serving. I had the opportunity to co-lead worship and then speak. This was a 1st. I am usually my worst critic but I had a lot of feedback on the message that God lead me to share. It was a great Sunday for us, the Commons, and for the leadership knowing that they can have a vacation free of worry.

Small Groups...
Just in a couple of weeks, new community groups will be starting. The exciting part is that our own family members will be starting/leading them up. In the past, we either had all the adults meet at the Corbin home or we created multiple groups with someone from the Commons leadership leading it. So to say we are excited is an understatement. It is awesome to see everybody excited and passionate to reach out to there community, friends, neighbors, and family.

Students...
In the student ministry, I am working on tweaking a few things. We are at a point in students where we need to possibly split up Middle School and High School. We have been averaging over 20+ students consistently, but the majority have been 6th-9th. I am processing the option of having middle school meet one night & high school meet on another night. Upfront, this will open up a lot of possibilities, draw more students, and ultimately meet the needs of each age group. So please keep me in your prayers as I look at the logistics of possibly doing this.

On April 7th, I will be showing the students the Passion of Christ movie. Last year, I showed this and it open the eyes of a lot of students. I am praying for a great impact this time around.

Update on Financial Support...
In the my last blog, I mentioned where my financial support currently was. My support is still very low for me to continue relying on it alone. Currently, I have sought after a part-time or full time job to help sustain the different. I have some opportunities that look very favorable, so I am praying for God's will. I am always looking for new supporters. If you would like to contribute, then you can find the info on the right side of this blog.

Thank you again for your prayers, encouragement, and love. It has been an incredible journey and I am expecting great things this year. Love and miss you all!
-cham

No comments: